Still in a coma from Thanksgiving? Me too. But I can make an exception for these chocolate glazed donuts. Since AJ is vegan, we went dairy-free with these because no matter HOW ambitious I am feeling there is no way I’m putting away a half dozen donuts on my own. The recipe below is adapted from Buns In My Oven as I couldn’t find a vegan version.
How to Make the Donuts:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar cocoa powder, chocolate chips and baking soad.
- In a small bowl beat together the vanilla, sour cream, milk and vegetable oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased donut pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the tops spring back when you touch them.
- Let the donuts col in the pan before glazing them.
How to Make the Glaze:
- In a small pot over low heat combine the sugar, milk and vanilla until it dissolves. Remove from the heat.
- Dunk the donuts into the glaze to full coat. Place on a wire rack to full set.