Ever since moving to the mountains, I’ve had to get used to cooking at home a lot more because there’s no food delivery service where I live. It’s pushed me to learn how to make some of my favorite meals, including this tofu bahn mi! Previously, I was intimidated by making anything outside of my wheelhouse but thanks to TikTok, I’ve added a few more dishes to my repertoire.
It’s been a while since I’ve done a recipe post but I think I’ve nailed my at-home tofu bahn mi and had to share! It’s absolutely delicious and even better when a homemade roll.
It may sound intimidating to make, but it’s actually quite easy!
1/3 Soy Sauce
4 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Daikon Radish
Mayonaise (I use this kind)
Cilantro (for garnish)
First you’re going to want to marinate the tofu and brine the vegetables.
Once the tofu has marinated for at least 20-30 minutes, fry it up in a pan with a dash of sesame oil. Then assemble the sandwich!
Tofu Bahn Mi Instructions
- Brine the vegetables. Shred some cucumber and carrots, slice up some radish and then combine together in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar and a hefty pinch of sugar. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Marinate the Tofu. Cut up your tofu and add it to a gallon Ziploc bag. Add 1/3 Soy Sauce, 4 Tbsp sesame oil, and drizzled honey. Toss to combine and let marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Toast the bun. Easy peasy!
- Pan fry tofu. Once the tofu has marinated, it’s time to grill them in a pan with a dash of sesame.
- Assemble the sandwich. Add mayo, vegetables, tofu, and clinatro.