So low and behold here is my first attempt ever at making bread. I chose a pretty simple recipe (baby steps) and I’m happy with how it turned out! Drizzle a little honey on it and it’s an easy afternoon snack. Total time only took 40 min!
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine oatmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve honey in vegetable oil then stir in the milk.
- Combine both mixtures and stir until a soft dough is formed. Form the dough into a ball and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until bottom of loaf sounds hollow when tapped. I baked fro 20 minutes but the bottom came out a little burnt. Next time I’ll stay around 15 minutes.