Burrito bowls are a no-brainer. Cook some rice, slice an avocado, crack open a can of black beans, cut some fresh lettuce, and then you have the foundation of a burrito bowl. This recipe is more about the good stuff…the special sauce and seasoned tofu.
Another great thing about burrito bowls is that the leftovers keep really well and make a delicious actual burrito the next morning…just wrap it up in a soft corn tortilla! Delish.
So here’s how to do it.
For the seasoned tofu:
- Drain and press tofu to get rid of excess water. Cut into cubes and toss into a skillet with melted butter.
- Add in 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp chipotle salt.
- Cook on medium low until roasted to your preference.
For the special sauce:
- 1/4 cup veganaise
- 3 tbsp soy milk
- Mustard to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, chilli powder, and paprika.
- Combine in a small bowl and whisk until smoothe.
From here all you have to do is assemble! Spread some rice on a plate, top with romaine lettuce, black beans, sliced avocado chunks, seasoned tofu and drizzled special sauce. Enjoy!